Thursday, April 16, 2009

Drumroll Please! And our sweet Eggie is a ............

Hello blog world I hope all is well with everyone is doing well! Well as you can see from today's title that I have BIG news!!! Yesterday William and I got to find out if our sweet baby is a boy or girl!
I started the day by telling Izzy that it was a special day ! She then proceeded to look up at me with such an intrigued look! She is so Cute!


I then headed out the door to eat breakfast in town with my dad. When I got there I was surprised to see my Uncle Joe standing there with him, he is from south Florida. We had a yummy breakfast! It was a GREAT way to start the day.

my uncle Joe, me, and my dad
Once I got home I still had some time before the appointment so I cleaned up a little and then decided to make William a card from me and a card from Eggie. You see I wanted to get him a little something to celebrate the special occasion. Unfortunately there was nothing tangible that I could get him so home made cards were the next meaningful thing I could get him. If I could float my own boat for a moment, I think that the cards came out absolutely adorable!
Finally William was home and it was time to head to Gainesville. We had decided to commemorate the day with a yummy lunch at Texas Roadhouse. I of course got one of my favorites the 6 oz sirloin with a loaded bake potato. And for starters just delicious bread rolls and a yummy salad.
William & I at Texas Road House

After a very filling lunch we headed to Wolly World (Wal Mart) to purchase a VHS tape. Even though we don't even own a Video Tape Player. Once we finished we headed straight to the Dr.'s office. I checked in at the front desk and we found a seat to try and wait patiently. TRY is the key words. My appointment was at 2:30, we didn't get called to go back until 2:45. It felt like an eternity!

William & I trying to be patient at the Dr.'s Office

When we got back to the room my heart was racing! When she started the ultrasound I immediately started crying I couldn't believe we were looking at our baby. It was amazing! As the nurse did the ultrasound she made sure that we did want to know the sex of the baby and both William and I answered YES in unison! She laughed and said ok then. And when she came upon the deciding part she said OH MY you have a boy on your hands. Apparently our sweet little boy was VERY VERY VERY proud of himself. Below are some pics of our sweet little boy.

Ladies and Gents may I present to you for the the first time Mr. William Michael Whitehurst Jr.

A side view of his face.

His Tiny Tiny foot.

Another side view

His face (something from this view makes him look scary) We'll just say it's his mad face! hehehe

Everything else with the appointment went well. The nurse said that she did want us to have another ultrasound at my Dr.'s office's sister office. Because our little squirt wouldn't sit still long enough to get a picture of one of his heart valves. She was quick to reassure us that EVERYTHING was fine. She said she just couldn't check off something if she didn't see it. So we have an appointment at the other Dr.'s office for an ultrasound April 27th, @ 2:30. The good news is that we get a DVD after this appointment. The nurse said that it we will get to see everything again, so we are very excited. While the nurse stepped out to get all our paper work William pulled a Pandora charm with a blue stone on it out of his pocket. He then pulled out another one with a pink stone. So he said he was completely prepared. He is so wonderful!

After we left the Dr.'s office we headed to the mall and returned the girl bead and then headed to Toys R Us to get a little man a gift from each of us. William already knew what he was getting this 2 ft tall T-rex he saw like a month ago. I wanted to get him a little outfit.

When we got home we were greeted by some baby blue balloons with a stuffed little frog and William's childhood doll BUDDY dressed in William's childhood clothes.

Isn't he cute!

Once we were home we had lots of visitors bringing gifts for our little guy. We felt so loved and special we are so thankful to have such an amazing family and friends. We love you guys! Below are some pictures of our friends and family that stopped by.
My mom & dad with Will and I

Matt, Grace, Michael, with Will & I


Our kitchen table with all of Willie's presents
I hope everyone is having a great week. I plan on posting soon!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Soooo exciting! :) He will be here before you know it! Yay!! You guys are going to be GREAT parents. Love ya! :)