Monday, April 6, 2009

9 Days and COUNTING!!!!

Since due to all our Internet issues that last post was SUPPOSED to be posted last week I have another post that I wanted to do this week. I know I know more than one post a month UNBELIEVABLE!!


Well as you can see from the title we are in definate countdown mode to the day when we find out if our sweet Eggie is a girl or a boy. Our appointment is April 15, 2009 @ 2:30 p.m.! We are so exited!!! Oh and B-I-G News I have finally felt Eggie move it is absolutely amazing!! I started feeling it about a week ago! Grace thinks she felt it move last night. William hasn't felt it yet but in Eggie's defense daddy is a little impatient in mommy's opinion he only tries for a few seconds and if he doesn't feel anything he gives up. I am sure that he will feel it soon, I hope that will help him feel more connected and involved. Oh and speaking of the PROUD Papa he is taking a move from the "Great Bambino" and calling what he thinks our little Eggie will be and that is a sweet little girl! When I told Annie this she said that he just doesn't want to be that dad who says I want my boy first. I have to say I agree with her, but I still think it sweet that he thinks it is a girl. I just now realized I never shared our names here they are:

girl: Madison Elizabeth Whitehurst (nickname Madi)
boy: William Michael Whitehurst Jr. (nickname Willie)

We of course being the planners we are have 2 more boys names and 2 more girl names picked out to choose from for our future babies. We want 4 total but we will have to see what God has in store for us. William has yet to talk to Eggie he says that he/she can't hear him yet. He is so silly but sooooo sweet I am so blessed to have such an amazing man to share my life with, he is going to be a wonderful father.


We have had a fun busy weekend. We started with watching this GREAT movie, "Fireproof"! It was a great way to start the weekend I always like to hear stories like the one in the movie and we want to start reading the book that the couple read in the movie


"The Love Dare"


Saturday we did stuff around the house, I have been on a bit of a nesting kick trying to clean and organize and make room for our new addition because we can't wait for his or her arrival! Saturday night we went with Matt, Grace, and sweet Michael to Lowes and to dinner at the new restaurant B.J.'s. Since the wait to sit down and the the restaurant is within walking distance from the mall, Grace, Michael, and I hit the mall to go to motherhood. While there I got my Easter dress, it has been somewhat hard to find one this year with my awkward body at the moment (oh which I will be posting pics of my belly's transformation soon) . I tried to find a pic of it but unfortunately there are none, it is bright pink.

Sunday we went to church and then headed to the lodge for the Whitehurst Family Easter Festivities. It was filled with an age grouped Easter egg hunts and fun games. Our cousin Annie put it all together and she did a GREAT job!!! William and I worked the Duck races. It was so much fun!!! I would have to say the little little kids enjoyed it the most because they loved playing in the water! I hope that this becomes a yearly tradition because I know my children will love it!!

Then today I was over at my mother-in-law's house this afternoon and she did the needle trick. If you are not familiar with this, it is an old wives tale that if while the needle is hanging above your belly it sways back and forth it is a boy, if it moves in a circle it is a girl. Well according to the needle we are having a boy! We'll have to see what the ultrasound says. Not that I believe all those wives tales, but they are fun!

Oh and one more thing a wise few people said that I should rejoice in all the blessings that I have, so from now on at the beginning of every post I list one of the blessings that God has blessed me with. I will start with the blessing that God has always called me to church I have always heard his call. You see we don't always go to church, and no matter what is going on in our lives I have always heard his call. So I feel that he has never given up on me and for that I am so grateful and indeed blessed.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

So exciting that you're going to find out soon!! I can't wait. :)

Danielle said...

We are on day 40 today of The Love Dare! Wahoo! It has been such a great book to read together and we have had so much fun doing all the small things for one another. I HIGHLY recommend it. Even when you think you are already so close to someone, God brings you something like the Love Dare and you become even closer than you ever thought possible! :) Have fun reading it!

Unknown said...

8 days, now!!! YAY!!! I cant wait to find out if its Madi or Willie! My feeling is still boy.

Cin said...

Hi Steph,

Sounds like everything is going extremely well. One question...how are your preparing Izzy for Eggies arrival?

Any questions about that, feel free to drop me a line as I have three kidlets and two puplets and have introduced all safely. I am also an obedience instructor if that helps.

Cin

Lauren said...

3 days now!! I am so looking forward to that Wednesday phone call! Whoever little eggie turns out to be they will be so loved!