Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter, Spring, & Everything in Between!

Easter Morning Willie was greeted by some wonderful things in his Easter Basket. He Got a new Swing, puffs , sippy cups, a baby tooth brush (for his new tooth coming in), juice, an Easter book, rubber ducks, and a praise baby DVD. Despite how excited William and I were Willie was for some reason very cranky ALL day due to the fact that he would NOT take a nap ALL DAY! So you can only imagine, how hard it was to take pictures of an over tired 6 almost 7 month old!




This month on the cover of Southern Living there was the most beautiful cake. I decided I would make it for Easter Lunch. As I read the ingredients I wondered if it would taste as good as it looked but decided that I still wanted to make purely because of how pretty it was. Below is a picture of my baking creation, I have to say it looked pretty after it was all done. BUT I am sad to say that I thought it tasted AWFUL! But some of my family thought it tasted delicious, it was just too tart for my taste buds.





After lunch at William's Mom & Dad's we headed outside to take some pictures in front of the Azaleas like we do every year.




About week before Easter we went to see the Easter Bunny at the mall. When we sat him down in Mr. Bunny's lap Willie looked up at him like, "Who are you, and why are you holding me." But he didn't cry so we were very happy and the picture came out pretty good.


Back in March William & I decided to fix up our front planters with some flowers for Spring. Below are some pictures from Willie helping mommy and daddy.Sometimes he helped a little too much. As I was taking the first picture he picked a flower off the plant and proceeded to try to eat it. Now a days with him if it is within reach he will grab it and try to CHEW on it! Very cute but at times somewhat frustrating.

I don't know if you remember but back in March the Whitehurst Family had a family Easter Egg Hunt. Well below are some pictures of the festivities. I know better late than never, but it does go with my theme of Easter and Spring.

The Hunt was set up into centers that the kids depending on their age rotated through. There was a petting zoo, a cute photo spot, and Easter egg hunt. The picture below is from the photo spot I think it turned out too cute. I could just eat him up in that driving hat! (I was really worried that he was going to fall off that chair. What you don't see in the picture is William standing very close by ready to grab him if he started to fall)

After we finished at the photo booth we headed to the swing set where Willie rode in a swing for the first time. As you can see he loved it . This was the inspiration to get him a swing for Easter.

They set up a little inflatable pool with Easter grass and bunches of eggs for the babies to hunt. Willie had too much fun sitting in there. His favorite part was the grass, of course we had to keep him from trying to eat it.

All in all I would say that we had a great start to Spring! William and I are so GLAD that the warm weather is finally here to stay. We were so sick of being cold! We HATE being COLD!!!! Our first Easter with Willie was great! Definitely one that I will remember forever! I can't believe that Easter is over and Willie is already 7 months old. I feel like these past 7 months have flown by. Someone said to me the other day that your life doesn't really start until you have children. I would have to say that William and I had an amazing life before Willie, but having him has made my life better and fuller in so many ways. I love him so much and thank God everyday for blessing us with him. Everyday brings something new and exciting and I look forward to the future that God has planned for my family and I. I leave you with a picture of all of us at the Easter egg hunt. Yes, we are matching, I love to coordinate outfits! Yes I know I am cheesy, but hey I waited so long to be able to do cheesy things like that. =)

2 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

I love to coordinate outfits too! It's not cheesy! It's Easter!

Donna said...

He's a cutie for sure...nice Easter pics!! Happy Spring!