Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How do we NOT make it the CENTER of our life?

I know I said we started this blog because we wanted to get connected with people that are going through the same things we are. And we still feel that way, but we also want to share our lives with others and use this blog as a way to document all the other amazing things that are going on in our lives right now. There are other things going on, like my new teaching job. That was such an amazing thing to happen to me because "baby making" was starting to be the only thing going on in my life, since I finished school this past May. But God has brought an amazing thing into my life. I have been able to put all my energy into getting ready for the new school year. Which in turn has taken some of the pressure off "baby making", despite the fact that this month marks the one year mark that we have been trying to get pregnant.
Another wonderful thing that has happened in our lives is our very best friends, Grace & Matt have had a new baby boy!! And he is absolutely beautiful! He was born on May 21 of this year.

His name is Michael

So Handsome!


And I know that with all the issues that William and I are having with having a baby of our own, being around Michael should be hard. But in all honesty, we love being around him! We just love him so much! And it always puts us in a good mood when we are around him.

There are also a lot of other things going on that help us get through this trying time. First and fore most we just came back from a week long trip to Hiawassee, Ga (do you here the banjos??? hehehe j/k) with our best friends Grace & Matt and my husband's family. Which is another post in itself pictures included. I don't know how we would be able to get through this time without them!!! They are amazing!! Grace is my sister from another mother and is always there for me no matter what. Matt is always there for William whether it is to work on very demanding projects, like our boat, or just to hang out and have some fun. So I guess a big Thanks is due for Grace & Matt, Thank You for ALWAYS being there for us!! We Love You Guys!! Of course there are many other friends and family that provide us with the love and support that we need. So thank you to each and everyone of you, you know who you are. Especially Annie, Devin, Lauren, & Adam, who are also there for us and never forget to check and see how we are doing!! You guys are the BEST!!!!

So what are some other ways to not make this whole "baby making" thing the center of our lives? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!



No comments: